Sunday, February 19, 2012

Not-so-fishy Fish Tacos

This year I vowed to make myself like fish. I really wish I did like it, it's so good for you and seems easy to make.. I've now made salmon and fish (cod) tacos. I got this recipe from the Paleo Comfort Food cookbook Tim has gone absolutely nuts for these tacos. Hope you also enjoy them!

1.5 lbs wild cod
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp EVOO
dash of salt
1 jalapeno diced
juice of 1 lime

Mix spices, lime, and olive oil, toss the fish in with it and let it sit for about 15 minutes
Heat 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil in a pan and cook the fish until cooked through (or flaky).

The tacos are topped with coleslaw. I used...

1/2 head of both green and purple cabbage
2 shredded carrots
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp honey (as requested by Marin)
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. EVOO

I made the coleslaw ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator so the flavors could marinate together.

Sauce:
1/2 cup Mayo with EVOO (They say to use Paleo maonnaise. Honestly, I'm a little nervous about the raw egg....in due time, I'll give it a try!)
2 chili's in adobo sauce (and a little extra adobo sauce because I know Tim likes SPICY!)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
juice of one lime
1 tsp. EVOO

I blended everything in the magic bullet and set aside in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
We used Butter lettuce leaves for the "taco shell".

They didn't taste fishy and the family enjoyed it....Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment